We're selling our beloved and well looked after boat.
She is a 42ft liveaboard steel narrowboat built by R & D Fabrications. It has been refitted with overhauled Calcuttboats BMC 1500 engine. The engine starts on a first try in winter, has been regularly maintained with oil changes, and runs smoothly.
The spacious stern has a wooden bench to sit outside or is even big enough to set up a table with chairs when moored up. It has been serving us as a nice front garden.
Entering from the stern, first is a modern open plan kitchen and lounge. All wooden floor gives it a nice feeling all seasons. A two burner gas hob with preparation area next to a big sink with drainer makes it easy to cook. The grill is great to make a toast quickly. There is a foldable desk to eat your meal. Plenty of storage in cupboards, and a fridge.
The lounge area includes Morso squirrel multi-fuel stove which keeps the boat warm even in tough winter months. Comfy black leather double seater and an armchair make the place cozy and our favorite to relax.
A walk-through bathroom is separated from the lounge by internal doors. It has a comfortable sitting bathtub with shower fed by an instant heater. Portable toilet is located in closeable cabinet. Large chest of drawers accompany the space with plenty of storage place and has been serving well as a work desk too. Smart looking countertop hand basin with shelves is located towards the bedroom area.
The bedroom accommodates raised double bed with big storage boxes underneath. The bedroom is heated by central heating radiator which keeps it snug. From the bedroom, second doors lead to the bow area with a bench, plenty of space to hang around and a bow locker, very useful for storing a water hose, etc...
The boat has been recently repainted, all windows taken out and put back resealed. The sides are finished to bare steel, treated with a special oil to protect it in all weather conditions (very original, modern look, easy to maintain, always possible to repaint if you wished).
There is a big removable display cabinet on one side of the boat, which has been serving as a public art gallery. It can stay or we would keep it.
Roof box under a solar panel provides tidy storage for the outdoor furniture and keeps fire wood dry in winter.
The bilges are dry and treated with Waxoyl.
Narrow Escape is ready to move in for a comfy living aboard.
• BSS certified until 10/2024
• 2018 Calcuttboats completely refurbished, now basically like a new, keel cooled BMC 1500 engine with PRM 160 gearbox
• all seals and gaskets are new, cylinder head reconditioned, block bored and relined to standard dimensions, new piston assemblies fitted, cranks reground, bearings to suit are fitted, valve seats recut and fitted with new inserts, injectors exchanged, fuel injection pump serviced
• hull survey in 10/2018, mostly 5mm+, all above 4.5mm, only a few random pits and they were weld filled by NeneMarine welder
• 10/2018 blacked with new anodes fitted
• new stern decking drain canals welded
• 200W solar, two 6V (12V together) 220Ah Crown domestic battery bank, never drained below 50%
• new 7/2020 90AH dedicated starting battery
• 700W pure sine wave inverter (feeds easily sander, jigsaw or kitchen appliances like a smoothie blender etc.)
• 45A twin output battery charger (charges both battery banks quickly from a generator or mains)
• LED lighting, new electric wiring throughout
• gas/12V/220V 3 way fridge Electrolux fridge
• Morso squirrel multi fuel stove with back boiler to central heating
• new two burner gas hob, grill and oven
• gas locker at stern to accommodate two 13kg gas bottles
• 12v extractor fan above kitchen stove
• extra large water tank in bow (lasts for weeks), cleaned and painted 2018
• USB sockets for charging, 12V outlet point, 220V sockets from inverter/mains
• audio system with aux/bluetooth
• instant water heater
• Thetford Porta Potti portable toilet
• all the gear to cruise around is included.
All the information above are truthful and according to our best conscience. We've loved the boat, had an amazing time on her and want you to be experiencing the same.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you had any questions or would like to arrange a viewing.
We are offering an open and fair dealing and expect the same back.
|Vessel type:||Narrow boat|
|Builder:||R & D|
|Model:||42 Cruiser Stern|
|Length over all:||42'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.