Clapton, E5 9BL London UK|
Lovely Dutch Barge for sale with transferable mooring at the beautiful Springfield marina, Clapton, E5.
Oeral Thus (“Everywhere is Home”) is a characterful small Dutch Barge:
• Entry into the boat via a sliding side door into the wheelhouse, which contains a large comfortable built-in L-shaped sofa (with storage draws underneath) that can be easily converted into a double bed for guests. Lots of storage space, coat hanging area and space for bookshelves. Easy access to the engine under the floor.
• Step down entry into a galley kitchen with hob, oven, fridge, shelves, and food storage; and comfy dining/additional sitting area (with more in-built storage) with beautiful views through the front windows, and a Boatman stove. Small doors into large storage area (2.2 x 1.3 x 0.75m) in the prow.
• Bathroom off the kitchen containing shower, toilet, and wash basin. Shower is currently being used as a wardrobe space (as I make use of the marina shower block) but will be reverted before sale. At present toilet is a homebuilt compost toilet but easily and cheaply replaceable with a chemical toilet.
• The cosy bedroom is at the aft of the boat under the back deck and contains a built-in double bed with ample storage space underneath, two windows and a porthole.
The wheelhouse is 5’10” in height. The galley, sitting area and bathroom are 5’8” in height.
About the boat:
Oeral Thus is 37 ft/11.25m long x 9ft/2.8m wide. Boat superstructure was built in 1950 onto older hull and has been surveyed as in good condition for her age. She has been well looked after:
• Last surveyed in September 2016 by a highly respected marine engineer and all recommended work carried out.
• Regular dry docking with blacking and replacement of anodes (in September 2016 and October 2019 under my ownership).
• Boat safety certificate renewed this year and valid until March 2024.
The boat benefits from:
• Electric hook up with 240v sockets. Mixture of 12v and 240v electrics. All electrics checked and upgraded in September 2020.
• New 2-hob oven bought and installed by qualified gas engineer in September 2017.
• Fridge that runs off 240v and 12v.
• Heating provided by a coal or wood fired Boatman stove with back boiler, which heats radiators in the wheelhouse and bedroom. Serviced in January 2020.
About the mooring and marina:
Oeral Thus is moored on the ‘marsh side’ of Springfield marina, on to a wide grassy area, perfect for summer drinks and eating outside, and with good views of the river and Springfield Park.
Springfield Marina (E5) is a secure gated marina with CCTV, laundrette, toilets/shower, wifi, bar/community space, bike racks, diesel point, elsan disposal, pump out and on site chandlery; and an active and very welcoming community. As well as friendly human neighbours, you will have cormorants, swans, geese, little grebes, ducks and many other birds in abundance. It is blissfully peaceful, and you cannot hear a road – hard to believe you are living on the border of zone 2/3! It is set within the Walthamstow Marshes Nature Reserve (a Site of Special Scientific Interest) and Walthamstow Wetlands (the largest urban wetland nature reserve in Europe) is next door. It is opposite the lovely Springfield Park, with its two cafes.
The marina has excellent transport links into central London with the nearest tubes being Seven Sisters or Manor House and the nearest Overground being Clapton, St James Street, or South Tottenham. It is on cycle routes into central London. It is within walking distance of Clapton, Hackney, Stoke Newington and Walthamstow.
This boat comes with a transferable permanent mooring. Annual mooring fee for 2020/2021 is £5298.75 or £441.56 per month.
The sale price includes a 10% mooring transfer fee to the marina.
|Vessel type:||Dutch barge|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Mercedes 180D|
|Length over all:||37'|
4 Cylinder inboard diesel
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.